|Title:||Quality inspector 2nd/3rd shift|
Quality Inspector-2nd/3rd shift
Applies quality control to production processes, inspection, gauging, and calibration, to continuously improve quality, safety, productivity, and efficiency. While also performing a wide range of quality-oriented tasks on selected tools, equipment, and gauges.
- Interpret technical drawings and detect faulty tolerances
- GD&T (geometrical tolerances, orientation, location, and run out)
- Familiar with methods of measurement (CMM, gauges, hand tools, mics, calipers, etc…)
- Provide support, problem solving, and root cause analysis
- Understand QC methods, Understand procedures, work instructions, manufacturing techniques, products and product flow.
- Execute computer transactions & associated documentation
- Calibrate gauges and quality equipment
- Write procedures and work instructions
- Audit and monitor quality requirements
- Understand non-SDI manufactured parts: seals, bearings, oil, and other essential parts
- Coordinate daily tasks with other Team members
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, ect..
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical experience (as in High School Technology Center) is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interest in quality, quality procedures, and processes
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Mechanical ability
- Self Motivated
Physical demands: Required to talk and hear, to sit frequently, use a computer to input data, ability to use a computer screen frequently