|Title:||Product Lab Technician|
Product Lab Technician
Product lab technician will work with product management to execute task in support of company and customer projects. The customer support level in this role is important as a need for quickness and precision in executing work and delivering results in a timely manner. All duties are performed under the Quality System guideline.
- Set a positive example of performance, responsibility, tact and professionalism.
- Work in a safe manner 100% of the time.
- Apply knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the execution of tasks/duties related to the operation and programming of electrical/mechanical equipment
- Connect and setup STOBER and 3rd party inverters to run STOBER Motors.
- Test and evaluate electrical systems, perform static and dynamic testing of electrical motors both asynchronous and synchronous, as well as other related components. (Inverters, Sensors, Data loggers)
- Assemble or otherwise produce designed tools, fixtures, and enhancements
- Continuously develop and apply depth of knowledge in electrical/mechanical systems
- Maintain accurate and legible records of project work and test results
- Support equipment preventative maintenance schedule and calibration efforts as needed
- Assist customers in determining product failures, evaluations, replacement units
- Proficient in sizing all Motor and Electronic products as well as Power Transmission, Servo gear products, using ServoSoft and Motion Analyzer
- Conduct mechanical & electrical calculations, read and interpret motor manuals, read and interpret electrical and pinout drawings.
- Support outside sales with customer issues.
- Modify or create 2D drawings and 3D CAD files for components and assemblies.
- Create professional failure evaluation reports
- Communication: email, phone, chat, and interpersonal communication etiquette: Professional at ALL times.
- Check work area to maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Observe company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Knowledge of all product lines, their specifications, components, and assembly
- Develop educational trainings based on testing conducted: Application Replication, Product Testing Verification, Competitor Evaluations, etc…
- Submit budget requests for tooling, testing equipment, Lab upgrades
- Assist Product Management with tasks
- Travel required, some training may take place in Germany
- BSEE preferred but not required.
- Experience with servo motors, motion controllers, electronics, Allen Bradley, Rockwell, Siemens, Bosch, and Control Techniques hardware a plus.
- Experience with Heidenhain and other Encoders.
- Mechanical understanding of assembly processes and tolerance application for components.
- Working knowledge of both asynchronous and servo.
- Capable of using both 2D and 3D CAD, Solidworks, or Inventor
- Ability to use Excel/spreadsheet calculations is a plus
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Interpersonal skills. Excellent ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while maintaining a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
GENERAL: Individuals in this position are expected to perform daily functions with little supervision. Matters that do require direct supervision should be of a nature that requires the decision making or authority of higher level management.
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS: Required to talk and hear, sit, specific vision abilities are required specifically the ability to use a computer screen for an extensive part of the day.