A STOBER Sales Engineer plays the role of a Factory Direct Engineer who is isolated to a region, East, Central, or West. A Sales Engineer provides engineering and factory direct sales support for Reps and Regional Managers and serves to grow revenue for their regions. A sales engineer should expect to travel 25-50% of the time, focusing on strategic accounts and areas where rep presence is lacking or in support of an RM when the RM is not available (except for the managing of reps). A sales engineer engages both MC and PT markets, proactively creating demand for an area through lead follow-up, quote follow-up, engineering support, and by coordinating with marketing and the outside sales team.
A. Coordinate with team to provide the best buying experience for customers. Be the link for “team selling” for inside and field sales.
- Drive from Inside proactive demand creation on target accounts and leads
- Practice teamwork with POD – sales, engineering, order and quote entry, customer service, application troubleshooting
- Work with POD and OS to support overall STOBER Vision, Mission, Values
- Obtain and coordinating data and information from Product Management, Regional Managers, and Representatives for opportunities
- Follow up on sales leads and making cold calls on potential customers
- Follow up on Quotes and orders
- Guide RM and Representative to qualified calls – “Team selling”
B. Drive Revenue Growth for Region
- Develop sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products and services
- Present to OEMs, End Users, or Distributors
- Develop technical presentations and workshops in the training of employees, Representatives and Distributors
- Make regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- Provide support for high level customer problems as necessary, engaging their engineers in a technical capacity
C. Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Research, developing and maintaining sales and marketing plans
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures for go-to-market strategies
- Actively engage the CRM on a high level – input and analyze data within.
- B.S. in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Know the interaction of 3rd party products in regards to STOBER in a Mechatronic system
- Strong Electro Mechanical Knowledge
- Social Technology Savvy: SalesForce, LinkedIn
- In-depth knowledge of target market industries and machine types
- Ability to travel 25 - 50% of the time
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing Representatives
- Setting Regional / Territory Objective
The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee often is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit and must be able to fly in an airplane. The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.