Performs a wide range of assembly duties as required by daily business conditions such as opening parts, cleaning and inspecting parts, assembling multiple types of units: Planetary, MGS, BAF, Electronics, Servo’s, inputs, mounting motors, cleaning area, restocking supplies, reading dial indicators, computer transactions: air pressure checks, test runs, ratio checks, clocking procedures, while being quality minded, efficient, and self-motivated. Disassemble units, rebuild defective units.
- Assemble wide range of gearboxes: Planetary, MGS, BAF, inputs, electronics, etc; perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
- Read dial indicator and use tooling: gages, presses, hand tools, air tools, etc
- Read and follow Work Instructions (written and verbal), ensure all parts are present and free from defects, check for missing info: mounting position, shaft side, etc
- Execute computer transactions: clocking, air pressure checks, test runs, ratio check
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another during the assembly process.
- Perform housekeeping duties and observe attendance policies
- Coordinate daily tasks with other Team members, perform 360 reviews to provide relevant feedback, check email, check others work for mistakes,
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Ability to pick parts and ship emergency units when needed
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical ability, auto mechanics a plus
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of metric system
- Self-motivated and make good clear decisions on own and ability to accept change
- General mechanical skills, open mindedness, clear communication on phone and radio
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure
- Organized, versatile, and able to problem solve, fix, and repair problems
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Participative work style and effective in a team environment
- Work with little to no supervision and work outside the area when needed
The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.