ME/IE/Technician (KY FAME)
Applies Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering techniques to STOBER In-house Manufacturing and production processes to continuously improve safety, productivity, and efficiency.
This is an 18 month KY FAME program. Compensation is based on a percentage of entry wage. Compensation will increase as the student progresses through the program, culminating in normal wage at the end of the program. This position requires earning 42 credit hours in year one and 29 credit hours in year 2.Books and tuition for class work are company funded, provided minimum academic requirements are met.
- Attend Maysville Community and Technical College 2 days/week
- Submit class schedule and grades to comply with program requirements
- Machining Processes, Routings, Programming
- Facility & Equipment layouts
- Develop structure and systems in manufacturing/production area
- Parts costing analysis, LEAN, SMED coordination
- Safety and 6S
- Develop and Improve new and/or existing production methods.
- Manage Maintenance and Repair of equipment
- Identify & acquire equipment, fixtures (test and assembly) & tooling.
- Write Procedures & Work Instructions.
- Provide shop floor support & problem solving.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Microsoft Office
- Auto CAD (2D) a plus
- Solidworks (3D) a plus
- SAP a plus
- Mechanically inclined ability to work “hands on”
- Ability to work from drawings, sketches, and concepts
- Familiar with machine programming, tools, tooling, manufacturing and production processes
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Self-motivated and make good clear decisions on own and ability to accept change
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure
- Technical writing skills
- Organized, versatile, and able to problem solve
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Participative work style and effective in a team environment
- Work with little to no supervision and work outside the area when needed