Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. Load part in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as work or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment. Programs, edits programs, downloads programs, performs set up functions, checks tooling, performs quality checks, and reads load sheets according to production needs.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow safety procedures.
- Able to perform: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
- Able to program from scratch if necessary
- Able to make edits to programs to ensure quality standards
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings: standard, metric, and European prints
- Able to use routers, use math to perform calculations and us hand held measuring tools, CMM, and air gages.
- Perform set up operation of machine
- Check tooling to ensure there is no damage prior to use
- Read load sheets to ensure production goals are met and customer requirements are met
- Perform inspection of machined parts (including documentation of results).
- Coordinate daily tasks with other Team members, perform 360 reviews to provide relevant feedback, check email,
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Mechanical ability, CNC experience a plus
- Computer skills
- 5 years machining experience a plus
- Knowledge of metric system
- Forklift experience
- Self-motivated and make good clear decisions on own and ability to accept change
- General mechanical skills, open mindedness, clear communication on phone and radio
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure
- Organized, versatile, and able to problem solve, fix, and repair problems
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Participative work style and effective in a team environment
- Work with little to no supervision and work outside the area when needed
The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, push or pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.