|Title:||Technical Sales Apprentice|
Technical/Inside Sales Apprentice
This is a four-year apprenticeship program. (Previous work experience, MCATC credit, and/or college credit may qualify to be applied to the first 2 years of this program). Apprenticeship compensation is based on a % of Normal Wage. Entry level compensation is dependent on education/experience coming into the program. Compensation will increase as the Apprentice progresses through the program, culmination in Normal Wage at the end of the program. This position requires earning 12 credit hours per year in the appropriate program at MCTC. Books and tuition for this class work are company funded, provided minimum academic requirements are met.
Function: Performs a wide range of duties focused on providing peace of mind to the customer. This includes addressing customer concerns, entering quotes and orders, and assisting the customer with proper selection regarding applications follow-up on quotes and leads. Offers guidance/assistance to all team members in support of STOBER Purpose, Vision, Mission, Values, Metrics.
Critical Success Factors/Metrics:
- Assist customer with correct technical drive solutions
- Warranty return goal: < 0.5%
- Answer phone within 3 rings; 95% of time
- Correct Pricing; goal is 100% of time
- On-Time-Delivery to Published Standard: 90%
- On-time Quote and quote follow up (metric TBD)
- Locate account requirements
- Update customer accounts
- Create new contacts, chatter
- Lead follow up
- Live chat tied to SF.com
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for specific regional customers
- Balance phone calls, emails, and chat features using appropriate etiquette
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Use of communication and sales tools: SAP, FITS, TL, Braintrust, STOBERU, etc.
- Product Knowledge
- Attend training opportunities to learn the various products
- Proactively use STOBERU
- Some travel with the Outside Sales Team
- Able to use the web to locate information to send to customers: assembly instructions, oil levels, dimensional data, etc.
- Select proper shipping methods
- Catalog knowledge, nomenclature, Product identification
- Proficient in Leadership tools, especially TL, implement regularly
- Learning formalized: Leadership, Interpersonal, Technical, STOBER policies, etc.
Physical demands: Required to talk and hear, to sit frequently, use a computer to input data, use of headset, ability to use a computer screen frequently