The Application Engineer helps to ensure our product’s integrity and our customers’ satisfaction by assisting customers with proper drive selection for their project. The Application Engineer is involved in a variety of duties focused on intimate product application support and customer care activities. This includes working closely with Product Management to document technical and quality requirements, preparing drawings for customer reference. An Application Engineer engages in quote and order entry as needed by his or her team, while actively engaging customers in high level technical discussions about their projects and our products. Competencies include: all product lines, their specifications, components, and assembly. All duties are performed under the Quality System guidelines of ISO 9001.
- Engage customers to provide the best solution (Gearbox and Motor solutions) for their project, developing relationships that will lead to sales and more projects with STOBER Drives Inc.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between field sales and inside sales.
- Support overall regional team goals, including quotes and orders to facilitate effective product processing.
- Effectively navigate the CRM for data entry and extraction, engaging all sales tools to provide the best customer experience.
- Proficient in sizing all Power Transmission, Servo gear products and Motors products.
- Conduct mechanical & electrical calculations.
- Support outside sales with competitor cross over. Maintain competitive data base.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Assists in creating/updating instructional material for the Learning Management System and training conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Provide current market knowledge to Product Management for product development.
- BS in mechanical engineering, Technical Experience
- Co-op or experience in electromechanical/motion control environment is a plus.
- Capable of using both 2D and 3D CAD. Solid Works Experience is a plus
- Ability to use Excel/spreadsheet calculations is a plus
- SAP and CRM experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to travel.
- Participative work style, high attention to details, and initiative to seek answers
- Good interpersonal skills. Excellent ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while maintaining a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
GENERAL: Individuals in this position are expected to perform daily functions with little supervision. Matters that do require direct supervision should be of a nature that requires the decision making or authority of higher level management.